Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Whole30 - Day 1

I made it through Day 1 of Whole 30! Well, technically I have another 5 hours during which I could go nuts, but I am pretty sure I am good for the day.

How do I feel? Honestly, my head is pounding and some dark chocolate sounds pretty good right now, but I feel motivated and positive about doing this. I did have 15 minutes or so this afternoon when I was the most irritable grump ever, which I'm attributing to a lower carb/sugar intake and not eating my usual morning snack.

What I ate:
Breakfast - leftover pork butternut squash stew topped with 2 eggs fried over-easy in ghee and a handful of blueberries

Lunch - a little bit of smoked salmon, baby carrots and guacamole and more leftover stew.

Snack - (pregnant ladies need to snack) Sweet Potato Chicken Liver Meatballs

Dinner - All from Well Fed - Baked Chicken Thighs, Cumin Roasted Carrots and Parsnips, Greek Style broccoli and cauliflower

I really enjoyed dinner tonight, Melissa is a genius! My husband wasn't a fan of the roasted carrots and parsnips,which I had no problem with - more for me. Toddler loved the chicken and broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment