Saturday, January 5, 2013

Whole30 - Days 3 & 4



Whole 30 – Day 3
I felt pretty good today, although my headache did unfortunately make a comeback around lunch time, but it didn’t last long. I think it helps that I slept very well last night.  I’m hoping that Whole30 helps clear up my skin some; my face has been super blotchy and dry recently.  Also if I could ditch these under eye circles I’ve had my entire life that would be awesome. However, they have been looking much better since I went gluten-free and I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

28 Weeks Pregnant! I can’t believe how fast this has been going. I’m really feeling kind of huge now, and if I have to hear one more person who can’t believe my due date is in March, I may punch someone.  I’m sorry; this is just how my body looks when I’m pregnant and there’ s not much I can do about it.
hello, work bathroom

TMI alert: my pelvis is so uncomfortable! I definitely have the pregnant lady waddle going on.  Baby boy is moving all over the place and I’m getting pummeled and kicked constantly. I’m trying to stay active with walking outside almost everyday, but unfortunately I’m not doing much more than that. 

What I ate:
Breakfast – eggs, Sweet Potato Hash, bacon and asparagus (my toddler stole one of my eggs…)

Early Lunch – a little bit of leftover chicken, broccoli and cauliflower and 3 unsweetened dried cherries
Snack – dry roasted almonds, an orange
Dinner – the rest of my leftover chicken and broccoli, sweet potato hash, liver meat balls, an orange
Obviously, leftovers were very helpful today! I almost always work 12-9 on Thursdays and I need to be out of the house by 11:15am so I don’t have a lot of time to cook.

Whole30 - Day 4

Woke up pretty cranky this morning, but I think that had more to do with my toddler deciding to sleep in our bed last night and I definitely did not get enough sleep. Otherwise I felt pretty decent, cravings weren’t too off the wall today, although I am missing yogurt and dark chocolate.  It would be nice if there weren’t always “treats” in the staff room at work too. . 

Breakfast – 2 eggs, asparagus, ¼ avocado, 2 strips of bacon, and a couple liver meatballs (why yes, I am getting kind of tired of these), coffee with coconut milk
Snack – orange, dry roasted almonds
Lunch – leftover ground beef and veggie stirfry, an orange
Dinner – Citrus chicken thighs + asparagus, frozen blueberries with coconut milk and a couple pieces of bacon because I was desperately craving after dinner sugar 

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep posting about every single day or not, it's getting a little tedious remembering to write down everything I eat, but we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment