Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Meal Planning



Since I am super busy and a working mom (not too mention pregnant and my husband doesn't cook!), meal planning is a really important to keeping me and my family eating well. Every Friday, I sit down and figure out what recipes I want to make for the following week along with a grocery list and then I usually do my grocery shopping on Saturday or Sunday. I rarely have time to go to the grocery store more than once a week and right now I do the majority of my shopping at Trader Joe's. 

 I try to plan faster meals for nights when I get home at 6:30 and have less enthusiasm to cook and more involved recipes for days off or days when I get home at 5:30 (my work schedule is always shifting around). Unfortunately since I am usually out of the house for 10 hours at time, my crock pot doesn't see much love. Must get a programmable one someday I suppose!
 
This week I decided to do all of my meal planning out of the Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook instead of using lots of different cookbooks and web sites. 

Here is what we've been eating this week:
Sunday – Scrumptious Seafood Chowder (p. 96)
Monday – One Pot Chicken Drumsticks  (p. 124)
Tuesday – “Chinese Take-out” (p.44)
Wednesday – Sloppy Joes (p. 144) with asparagus
Thursday – Fend for yourself night (I usually work Thursday evenings)
Friday – Chicken Cacciatore (p. 120) with spaghetti squash
Saturday - Leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment