Seafood Chowder from Sarah Fragoso's Everyday Paleo Family cookbook.
Very yummy! Included all of my favorites: sweet potatoes, coconut milk, bacon and shrimp.
2 T. Coconut oil
1 med. onion, diced
8 bacon strips, diced
5 celery talks, diced
5 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
1 can full fat coconut milk
2 c. chicken broth
sea salt and black pepper
1 (10 oz) can of clams, liquid drained and set aside
1 bay leaf
1 lb wild caught shrimp, shells and tail removed
1. In a large soup pot, saute the onion in coconut oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes
2. Add the diced bacon and cook until bacon is crisp, stirring often
3. Add the celery and sweet potatoes and saute for 4-5 minutes more.
4. Add the coconut milk, chick broth, clam juice and black pepper and bring to a simmer.
5. Add the bay leaf and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
6. Gently mash the cooked sweet potatoes to help thicken the chowder, leaving some of the potatoes chunky.
7. Add the shrimp to the chowder and cook for 5 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and tender.
8. Drain and the clams and chop them into small pieces; add them to the chowder and stir until they are just warm. Serve immediately.